Gardens are rejoicing with new spring growth, sweet fragrances, birds singing and flowers blooming. The warmer days are enticing us outdoors to enjoy the extraordinary weather. So embrace this season by encouraging your garden to look the best it can look, ready for our lifestyle festivities and outdoor entertainment with family and friends.
Here are some gardening tips for Spring so that you get the most out of this beautiful weather:
- Spring is the best time to feed the garden to promote healthy growth and better blooms and fruit. Spread pelletised appropriate slow release fertilisers or manures to all your plants. Also it is beneficial to spread Blood & Bone around the base of your trees and liquid fertilisers to potted plants.
- Spring is a good time of the year to rejuvenate your garden. A time of year to introduce new plants or transplanting / dividing existing plants to give your garden more room to expand. We can organize a planting consultation for you with one our designers. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9211 1336.
- Look after your lawns. Hand-weed any winter grass and weeds and start liquid feeding to encourage new growth then top dress with soil as the weather gets warmer. Now is also a good time to consider patching bare areas with new turf. Aerating your lawn is also very beneficial – pull small regular plugs of soil to your lawn to let more water, fertiliser and oxygen get deeply into the ground instead of simply running off.
- Begin pruning your shrubs and trees, trimming in spring can stimulate healthy growth in most plants and shrubs. This will also help you maintain the shape of growth spurt from the spring weather.
- Be on the lookout for pests and diseases. Prevention now will help keep your garden healthier during the warmer months. Apply organic fungicide to protect your plants now; this will help you get a handle on the pests & diseases to maintain a healthy beautiful garden. If you encounter more serious pests and diseases please consider seeking professional advice.
- Spring is also a good time to do your ‘Spring Clean’ inside and out. Cleaning your outdoor areas such as paving with a high pressure cleaner and tiding gutters etc. This will reduce tasks during the busy summer festivities ahead. Also begin weeding your garden-beds early while the weeds are small. Our experienced maintenance staff and team of specialised contractors are at hand to do the work if you can’t – contact us email@example.com or call us on 9211 1336.
Back to Blog